Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday Craftiness

My friend Kim and I got together tonight to prep some Father's Day cards.  As I searched Splitcoast, I happened upon this design that struck my fancy.


Kim was at Michaels wanting to know what to get, so I simply threw out "map paper and an arrow clip" because I knew everything else I had here and there in my craft room.  So, we CASEd Michele's lovely creation.  

Here's Kim's:

Here's my very similar one:

Since Michele already had and did a beautiful job using the Six-Sided Sampler set that Kim and I are waiting to get our hands on, I decided to make use of my ever so awesome Silhouette Cameo (love this thing) and to use texture rather than a stamped image.  We used the Square Lattice Sizzix embossing folder from Stampin' Up!  Then, we put some green, blue, and kraft on the Silhouette and cut some hexagons (at level 5 for the Silhouette users...level 3 did not cut all the way through).  We inked the edges, and popped up the blue with some Dimensionals.  Kim found some cute Recollections adhesive buttons that we used (mine has some color, but it is subtle), and we used some washi tape on the map base.  We used a Verve stamp set (Happy Thoughts) for the sentiment.

Even though the cards were similar, we used a slightly different idea.  Kim's hubby is finally not traveling (after 18 years of it!), so her sentiment was a happy one that he is finally "home."  I used the idea of the watch, that time and time again I get to see my hubs be a great dad to our kids.  Same card, different ideas.  I really dig how they came out!




No comments: