Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cinema Saturday

My very own craftin' pal, Ann, is a guest designer for Cinema Saturday this week. I, of course, waited until the eleventh hour to get a card in.

The challenge and sketch asked us to be inspired by the movie, The Princess Bride. Yes, it's true... I had not seen the movie until today. I watched it in segments on You Tube. I have to say, it was interesting. I thought it would be more "Monty Python-"esque, but it really wasn't. It was fun to see Fred Savage during his "Wonder Years" again.

My card was inspired by one of the main characters, Wesley. For a long time in the movie, he wears black. He eventually wins the heart of his woman, horsefully named "Buttercup." So, I tried to mesh both characters as my inspiration.
I used American Crafts Elegant gown patterned paper. The silver and white reminded me of a lot of the costumes of the "royals" in the movie. I used SEI velvet in black and pink. I felt the filigree brads from SU! were a good fit with the theme of the card. I used an SU! stamp from the Riveting set. Lastly, I chose a sheer white bow to finish out the sketch. I mainly toyed with my Coluzzle circle template and my circle punches when deciding upon the circle layers. Coluzzle drives me crazy. I hate that I have tosnip part of it. It never looks good. I should just use my Cricut. Don't know why it's an afterthought, other than the fact that layering with it for more than just a shadow can be tricky.
Anyway, congrats to Ann, as she showcases her talents!

No comments: