Friday, August 1, 2008

C'mon Get Happy!

This week blew by. It's not that I wasn't doing "crafty" things or "fun" things. I did both. As far as making a card or trying any of the challenges, I was a bit off of my cadence.

So, here is my triple challenge card for CC177 (sort of), LSC179, and SC187.

CC177: use Groovy Guava, Whisper White, and Sahara Sand

LSC179: make a card that will make someone smile

SC187: pictured
Every time I look at this Snoopy image, I smile. C'mon. Admit it. You do, too. it reminds me of my three year old. When he gives you what he calls a "'queeze," he kind of shudders. It's hysterical.
I say I sort of followed CC177 only because I added some chocolate chip. I needed some neutral depth. I love how the ribbon treatment worked out. An oldie but a goodie. The ribbon's negative effect is seen on the inside of the card. It's very cool. This also worked nicely with the paper tole technique, allowing Snoopy some dimension.
This card makes me smile. I hope it also helps a stamper who has earned what I call the stamping Purple Heart... injury in the line of duty.
Size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
Cardstock: SU! Sahara Sand, Groovy Guava, and Whisper White
Designer Paper: SU! Afternoon Tea
Stamps: Snoopy by Stampabilities, SU! Simply Circles, SU! Cheery Chat
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Basic Black, and Going Gray
Ribbon: SU! Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon
Technique: Paper tole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi JoLynn! I like how you paper toled Snoopy to get dimension and your ribbon looks great too!
smiles,Deena

Ann said...

Thank you so much! Snoopy always makes me smile! :D