Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Scott!

My husband's forty-third birthday is tomorrow. With all the other June cards I had been making, I can't believe I waited until now for this one.

I {reluctantly} used today's color challenge. Red and I do not get along, and the colors were So Saffron, Real Red, and Regal Rose (I substituted Rose Red, as I did not have Regal Rose ink). Two reds! Yikes!

In all, it doesn't look as bad as the struggle was. :) I used my Changito Notes set from Archiver's (and Stampendous!) because the two little monekys were perfect for a card from our "two little monkeys" and their mama.
The photo does not necessarily show all of the real-life embossing. I used my SU! Shapes Classy Brass to emboss lots of circles, and a few of the circles on the right.
Size: 4 1/8 x 5 1/4 inches
Paper: SU! So Saffron and Real Red, Papertrey white
Stamp: Stampendous! (for Archiver's) Changito Notes, SU! Fun with Shapes
Colors (inks and markers): SU! Basic Black, Real Red, Rose Red, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Garden Green
Ribbon: Michaels Special Value

No comments: