Sunday, February 10, 2008

Birthday CASE

This week's featured stamper in SCS is Sarah Green. She has a great gallery... worth taking a long look. In honor of the SCS featured stamper each Sunday, we try to CASE a card by the chosen person. The uploading goes on all week. In fact, I am certain I will find more of her stuff to CASE.

I chose this card to CASE. I was hoping to use three elements on the left, but the cupcakes I wanted to use were too large, so I renegotiated. I imitated her use of what I call the Partridge Family cut for the cardstock of the stamped images. I also like the consistent use of SU!s Word Window punch. I have underutilized mine, and she offers plenty of ideas on how to get creative with it. The triple ribbon knot also added some interest and texture.
It was an acrylic stamp kind of night. A shout out to Karen... some of these are gifted acrylics for the Christmas party. Thanks again!!
Size: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 in.
Paper: SU! Chocolate Chip, SU! Soft Sky, SU! Pretty in Pink, Paper Pizazz Brown-Pink Stripes (8 x 8 sheet at Michaels)
Ink: SU! Close to Cocoa, Soft Sky, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron
Stamps: Studio G, and Icing on the Cake (Technique Tuesday Collector's Edition)
Embellishments: Various grosgrain ribbon, Traffic Jam embossing (Cuttlebug), SU! Dimensionals, Spare Parts assorted pastel mini square brads (Paper Studio), edges inked in SU! Close to Cocoa

No comments: